How to Tie the Half-Windsor Tie Knot
This is the Windsor Tie knot’s little brother. Like the Windsor, you’re left with a symmetrical triangle tie knot, but the Half Windsor is not as large. This tie knot is appropriate for lighter fabrics and wider ties. It’s best worn with a standard collar wide end.
Steps For Windsor
1. Drape the tie around your neck. The wide end should extend about 12 inches below the narrow end of the tie. Cross the wide part of the tie over the narrow end.
2. Bring the wide end around and behind the narrow end.
3. Bring the wide end up and pull it down through the hole between your collar and tie.
4. Bring the wide end around the front, over the narrow end from right to left.
5. Bring the wide end up back through the loop again.
6. Pull the wide end down through the knot in front.
7. Tighten the necktie knot and center it with both hands.